In May 2013 we had lodged Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent with the Petitions Committee of the European Parliament. Thanks to Latvian Tatjana Zdanoka MEP, it was on the agenda of 19 March 2014, as can be viewed on this official video.
On 10 December 2013 Judge Swindells QC disposed of the parents’ consent “in the interest of the children” so that the three elder Pedro children were placed permanently in foster care and the two youngest were to be made available for adoption.
Below are my six minutes of live presentation to the EU Petitions Committee, where the Pedros were in the public gallery.
And here is the 3-minute summary of our Brussels visits by Portuguese TV:
For the UK Embassy in Brussels we had packaged un-believable facts about child ‘care’ and protection into a dossier that Phil Thompson tried to deliver, as shown on this TV clip, together with Terence Steele – two more families destroyed by UK Social Services.
John Hemming MP‘s contributions after our journey:
- on his blog: European Parliament Petitions
- his Early Day Motion in Parliament: Petitions to the European Parliament
The Minutes are here and include these decisions:
- re individual petitions: petitions to be kept open. Letters would be sent to the municipal and national authorities in the Member States involved to invite them to give their reactions to the allegations made by the petitioners and to explain their actions. A letter would be sent to Commissioner Reding to urge the Commission to act and to study ways in which it could approach cases as had been brought to the attention of the Committee in the petitions and to propose legislation accordingly.
- re collective petition: petition to be kept open. Letters would be sent to the relevant national and local authorities in the UK, as above, to invite them to give their reactions to the allegations made by the petitioner and to explain their actions. The Members’ request for a fact finding visit to the UK and a public hearing would be referred to the coordinators.
- What Next after our pilgrimage to Brussels?
- Dear Sir James, please return our children and make adoptions reversible!
- Dear MEP, if you want to be re-elected, will you commit to our ‘pro child’ agenda?
- and Dear MEPs, Please ensure Seven Action Points for Petitions Committee of EU Parliament!
And here’s a Facebook page to Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent!