Am I able to represent them?
- Yes, I have two legs to walk with and a head with which to think.
Which firm do I work for?
Where is it registered?
How long is your travel time to get to Grantham Police Station?
- I estimate 2 1/2 hours altogether.
Are you registered with the National Call Centre?
That means the Pedros may have to pay for this.
- We work ‘pro bono’.
When I asked what the charges are, he said “abducting their 4 children“. I said “I’m amazed.”
When I said he seems to stumble over the term ‘McKenzie Friend‘, he said that I was very rude and that he is terminating the conversation.
So I alerted a few journalists and am now wondering whether they’ll call me instead of a ‘duty solicitor’…
Do you feel like phoning 01476 402 222 and find out how the Pedros are doing?
Now I know:
- I was never called back, but the Police Officer had suggested that they may have to pay for the duty solicitor. That’s why I said we work ‘pro bono’.
- When the Pedros were released, they told me that the duty solicitor was from Fraser Wise.
- They also told me that he wanted £3,000 to take on their case.
Since then, other McKenzie Friends are telling me
- they are used to not being allowed to represent people at Police Stations
- duty solicitors are free
- and we have yet another campaigning goal.